Thursday, August 19, 2010

June 27 (day -2)

(The following posts are copies from a journal that I kept throughout my experience in Spain with some editing for grammatical purposes)

Words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now. Its a mixture of excitement and nervousness and a little bit of stress. Stress because I stress out easily. When a lot is going through my head I stress.
Tomorrow I am headed to Spain for a five week program. I honestly don't know what to expect. Five weeks is a long time. A lot can happen. I've visited Spain before but it was long ago. I was 11 years old and living with my best friend who had moved away there.
I guess what is making me so anxious is the fact that this time I am on my own. Its a weird kind of freedom. Its one that I don't get often. Well, that is one of the program's objectives. To push past your comfort zone in a new country.
I think I just need to be more optimistic. This is a great opportunity that I am being given. I am going to be completely immersed into a different culture as well as learn hands on about Cataluña's art history and architecture, which is something that I know I truly like.
I can't wait to try new foods, smell new smells, and see the different colors of all the settings I am at. I am growing impatient. I want it to be June 29th already where I am walking through the streets of Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.