Friday, August 20, 2010

August 1 (day 34)

I can't believe its already August 1st. The days are now quickly counting down before we all have to go our separate ways. Everyone knows this. I think this is what is bringing us closer. During the nights that we are free to walk around, I have found myself in the middle of deep conversations with certain people where we talk about our lives, share our past or present troubles, and our thoughts about certain things. I feel that with every en-counting hour I am growing more and more fond of the group of friends I have made here. Its going to be really hard to say goodbye to them.

The day before yesterday, we walked to Dalí's house in Port Lligat. This was Dalí's fixed abode from the 1930's up until 1982 when, upon his wife Gala's death, he left everything behind and left. Most has been left untouched since then. It was a very weird but cool-looking house. He was a collector of junk. The saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" perfectly fits him.

Yesterday we went to the Greek/Roman ruins in Ampurias. It was a very exhausting day, but very interesting to see that parts of two-thousand-year-old walls and floors still remain after all this time.

Today we went kayaking! That was a ton of fun. We kayaked all the way to a lighthouse were we spent about an hour in this beautiful secluded beach. The water was perfectly clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.